A roofer is a professional who specializes in the installation, repair, and maintenance of roofs.
A roofer in Melbourne usually works for a construction company or a home owner. His job is to install, repair, and maintain roofs on buildings. He may also work on other parts of the building such as windows and doors.
A roofer typically wears a uniform and often has a license that allows him to do business in his state. He will usually arrive at the job site with all the necessary tools and equipment. He will then start by inspecting the existing roof to see if there are any problems that need to be fixed. If there are no problems, he will proceed to the next step which is the installation of the new roof.
1. When you're looking to hire a roofing contractor, make sure you understand their qualifications.
2. Make sure to ask the contractor about his experience and track record.
3. Ask about the warranty of the work they've done in the past.
4. Verify that the contractor has insurance and is licensed and insured.
5. Ask for a copy of the contractor's insurance policy.
6. Ask about fees and how they will be billed.
7. Find out if the contractor has any permits or licenses required for the work he'll be doing.
8. Review the contract carefully to make sure you're comfortable with all of the terms and conditions.
9. Confirm that you have received a written estimate from the contractor, and confirm that you have read and agreed to it.
10. Pay the contractor on schedule, as agreed in your contract