Do you wish to enable Fastlane technology on Netgear wireless range extender? If yes, this post will be proven helpful for you. Once the extender setup on www.mywifiext.net is completed, you can enable the Fastlane technology on your own.
A brief introduction to Fastlane technology
The normal range extender is used to enable multiple devices on both the bands at the same time. Fastlane is used to provide the best Wi-Fi performance. It provides good Wi-Fi speed at all bands. Apart from this, it is good from streaming and gaming point of view.
When you enable the Fastlane technology, you will find 2 options:
- If you want to connect the extender to the device, then select the 2.4 GHz band. If you are using the router, then use 5 GHz band.
- Use 5 GHz for reliable connection between Wi-Fi devices and extender and 2.4 GHz for connection between the AP and smart extender.
We want to mention here that you can also use the Mywifiext.net for enabling the Fastlane technology.
Steps to configure the Netgear range extender using Fastlane technology
Mywifiext.net is the one-stop solution for configuring the range extender as well as managing it. You can change the settings like network name, password or security settings as per your needs.
Open the web browser and go to the ‘Mywifiext.net’ page. If the mywifiext not working, then contact the experts. You need to enter the username and password. Enter the details to complete the range extender setup. Once the setup gets completed, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to enable Fastlane technology:
- Switch on Netgear range extender.
- Connect the smart devices to the extender by entering the password.
- From any device connected to the extender, open the web browser like Firefox, Explorer or Chrome.
- From the top of the browser, go to the address bar with the help of a mouse and enter Mywifiext.net.
- Press ‘Enter’.
- Enter the username and password in the required fields.
- The home screen will appear.
- Click on the ‘Fastlane technology’ radio button.
- Tap to ‘Save’ settings’.
After enabling the Fastlane technology, if you are facing any technical issue, then you can contact the Netgear range extender experts available round the clock. For any other information or suggestion, you can send your query by mail.